Vision & Ethos
We deliver an innovative, personalised curriculum supported by local stakeholders and partners from Further and Higher Education and in business, and offer a range of accredited programmes tailored to the abilities and interests of our young people.
Everton Free School’s main focus is the support of young people who do not currently attend school or are at risk of being excluded.
We believe passionately that Everton Football Club, through its values, brand and reputation can contribute significantly to helping young people who often face challenges in achieving positive educational outcomes.
We want our students to enjoy inspirational and transformational learning opportunities so they may develop and thrive as successful citizens.
The highest expectations, an inclusive approach, a commitment to safeguarding and a determination to cultivate success for young people are at the heart of everything we do.
Everton Free School is committed to the following objectives:
- Ensure students are afforded appropriate progression routes to positive futures
- Work in partnership with other professionals, schools and agencies to raise student achievement
- Develop innovative and quality driven approaches to teaching and learning
- Deliver a curriculum underpinned by challenge, choice and customisation
- Build student self-esteem and nurture positive self-belief through the ‘three R’s’ – respect; responsibility and resilience
- Provide students with compassion and challenge within a stable and structured environment
- Turn bold and creative educational innovation into tangible results through clearly defined leadership
- Use robust governance to guarantee that high standards of leadership, teaching and learning and pastoral care are maintained and to challenge the School during its development.
- The School’s motto mirrors that of the football club: ‘Nothing but the Best’