Preparation for Working Life
Preparation for Working Life combines Business Studies, Health and Social Care and Life-Skills.
The GCSE equivalent qualification is awarded by AQA and leads to a Level 1 or Level 2 Certificate.
The students have to study 9 Topics and complete 3 pieces of coursework.
The examination is worth 80% and the coursework 20%.
The 9 topics of study are;
- Personal Awareness
- Health Lifestyles
- The Changing world of Work
- Job search and application procedure
- Economic and Financial Aspects of Life
- Employment Opportunities
- Hazard Identification
- Enterprise Skills
The coursework component;
- Letter of application for a job or course
- Creation of a personal CV
- Interview preparation notes